Survey’s that actually help
Medicare and Medicaid CAHPS and HOS
From March through July, health insurance companies randomly ask consumers with insurance (both Medicare and Medicaid plans) to participate in the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) and the Health Outcomes Survey (HOS).
What you can do
I actually don’t like taking surveys but this one is different. These inputs are different because not only does the insurance company get the information but SO DOES Medicare. This is one of the best tools customers have to provide input to help identify strengths and weaknesses.
- CAHPS begins March, HOS begins April and runs through July.
- CAHPS surveys ask consumers and patients to report on and evaluate their experiences with health care and their health plan.
- HOS survey’s goal is to determine how well each health plan is able to maintain or improve the physical and mental health and wellbeing of its members over time.
- In the CAHPS survey, members are asked 21 questions that fall into nine categories. HOS members are asked 65 questions around topics like physical and mental health status.
- The goal is to gain feedback about a member’s experience with their health plan and make sure they are receiving good medical care when they need it, from doctors they trust.
Please do us all a favor. If you are selected to take the survey, please take the time to honestly answer the questions.
I help people in Central Florida identify and compare Medicare and Social Security options. People in Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Oviedo, Orlando and all throughout Central Florida call me to compare your options. I can also help you find and apply subsidies that might be available. There are several levels of Low Income Subsidies that are available. Just call Paul Potter, CFP® at 321-663-3017.